Monday, August 8, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen


Alright guys, here's what's going on in my life.

This last week has been INCREDIBLE! 
In January of this year, God called me to quit school. Yeah. It was really hard and to be honest, I didn't want to do it. I love school. I love learning. But there was an unsettling feeling in my Spirit that just wouldn't go away. So after coming to the conclusion that I needed to leave and breaking my parents' hearts, I finished up my first semester and then came home. 
Fast forward seven months. Seven months. No school. Can't find a job. No direction. Lots of frustration. This has been my life.
Now rewind about a week. I got a message from a good friend sending me the link to YWAM (Youth With A Mission). I had already checked out YWAM and had tried to contact them. I waited for a few weeks before realizing they weren't going to contact me back. Annoying. So when I got this message, I automatically shut it down. Then the strangest thing happened. I had this nagging feeling inside of me to go look at the YWAM page, which I ignored until the nagging became super annoying. So I obliged this nagging feeling and went to the website. Somehow I ended up on the page for YWAM Dunham, and that's when everything clicked. Dunham, Quebec. French and English speaking. Art and Music based discipleship training school. This place looked incredible. So, I emailed them and a few days later I had an email back. I've been praying over this possible opportunity for a short amount of time, but I already know the answer is yes. I'm suppose to go. I'm suppose to learn. I'm suppose to serve. 
I don't think you can understand how excited I am!! After seven months of waiting for God to reveal to me where to go and what to do, I finally have my answer.
Today I started filling out my loooong application. I have a lot to do, but for the first time I have true joy and excitement in doing something!

Here's where I need YOU!
Pray for me. Please, please, please!! Your prayers for me, for YWAM, for Dunham, for my family are much needed. 

I'm so excited to live and share this experience with all of you. 
God rocks:)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you dear, and I will definitely be praying :) ah love you

    ReplyDelete